JOSHUA’S NOTE – THE COURAGE TO FACE AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE (RUTH)
– Fear is believing a lie, listening to negative voices, and not taking God at His Word.
– Faith is believing that it’s so when it’s not so, so that it can be so because God said it’s so. – Manley Beasley.
– Faith is fear that has said its prayers.
– Naomi let her circumstances make her bitter. Ruth let them make her better. – Warren Wiersbe.
– Ruth acted with courage, although no blessings had been promised that she could cling to.
– There is no pain so deep that God’s love cannot reach it. – Corrie ten Boom.
– Ruth refused to spend the rest of her life wallowing in grief and self-pity. Rather she put feet to her prayers and works to her faith.
– Faith demands courage. It takes risks and acts according to God’s word.
– We can face an uncertain future or greet loss or unexpected tragedy and grief with courage, knowing our heavenly Father cares for us and brings life out of death.