JOSHUA’S NOTE – THE COURAGE TO CHOOSE AND REFUSE (MOSES)
– The world makes room for a person of purpose. – John Mason
– Strong convictions precedes great actions. – John Mason
– Fearful parents rarely raise courageous kids.
– If God’s Word, the church, and righteousness are not your priorities, they probably won’t be priorities for your kids.
– Because his parents didn’t fear the king, Moses would one day stand before the king’s successor without fear.
– The church can’t resurrect what the home put down.
– Don’t be a parent who would choose game and success for your children over faithfulness.
– Cos of parents who invested in him and a God who directed him, Moses overcame four issues that paralyzes most people: Who am I? (Hebrews 11:24) What choice should I make? (Verse 25) What really matters? (Verse 26) What is my purpose? (Verse 27).
– When we choose the crowd and road of least resistance, we place ourselves on the path of compromise and carnality.
– We will remain ineffective in addressing and confronting the problems of this world if we continue on the path of compromise.
– He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot loose. – Jim Elliot.
– Moses chose the imperishable, saw the invisible and did the impossible. – Vance Havner.
– God taught Moses the principles of life and leadership in the wilderness of obscurity, lessons he would have never learned in the laps of luxury.
– I think the devil has made it his business to monopolize on three elements: noise, hurry, crowd…. Satan is quite aware of the power of silence. – Jim Elliot.
– There are only two days that matters: “This day” and “That day”. If you aren’t living “This day” for Christ, you must be ready to face Him on “That day”. – Martin Luther.
– A man who lives right and is right has more power in his silence than another has by his words. – Phillips Brooks
– Choose the best and reject anything less.