Obedience: Fighting Temptations (Genesis 39:7-19) – JOSHUA’S NOTE
Regardless of how tough life can get, God requires one thing of us: Obedience.
Doing what is right comes with a price, but the cost of following God is worth every sacrifice we must make.
The little things you do everyday tells whether you live for yourself or for God. – Tricia Brock.
What Does Integrity Look Like?
• Integrity serves as a guide for life’s moral decisions. (Proverbs 11:3)
• A person of integrity hates falsehood in every form. (Proverbs 13:5-6)
• Integrity is to be held on to, even in tough times. (Job 2:3)
• A person of integrity keeps his word, even when it hurts to do so. (Psalm 15:1-4)
• A person of integrity isn’t afraid to run when temptation comes knocking. (II Timothy 2:22)
• A person of integrity says both yes and no when each is appropriate, and means what she says. (James 5:12)
• A person of integrity backs up what he says with how he lives. (Titus 2:7-8)
• A person of integrity understands that all of life is on display before God. (I kings 9:4)
• God looks for integrity in a person’s character. (I Chronicles 29:17)
Although the cost of obedience is expensive, the reward is unreal.
A pure mind isn’t a mind free of temptation. A pure mind chooses to act in the right way when temptation strikes.
Temptation is inevitable, what counts is how you meet it.