Trust: Unjustly Jailed (Genesis 39:20-23) – JOSHUA’S NOTE
Faith isn’t based on feeling, it is based on the bedrock fact that God came to earth in the person of Jesus, He died for our sins, rose from the dead, and today reigns as Lord over all.
Nothing can change the truth.
Survival Tips When Life Doesn’t Make Sense:
- Remind yourself that things will get better.
- Allow yourself to cry.
- Scoot a little closer to God.
“The thing is to rely only on God. The time will come when you will regard all this misery as a small price to pay for having been brought to that dependence.” – C. S. Lewis.
Most of our greatest triumphs grow out of struggles we encounter.
God doesn’t promise a way around challenges, He promised a way through them.
God may seem far away at times, but know that He always hears every word of our prayer.
Jesus overcame death on the cross so that through His power, each one of us can overcome the obstacles that stand in our way. Regardless of how hopeless the situation may seem.
You are not alone when you face hardships.
When Trouble Hits, Remind Yourself Of These Truths:
- We are connected to our creator.
- We are on a mission of living out our faith; and telling the world what and who anchors our lives.
- We must trust God’s words when life feels hopeless.
- We must praise God at all times.